Installation of Scrubbers for Yara Marine Technologies & Stena RoRo
Not only newbuilding design, FKAB also works actively and closely with customers on retrofitting and conversion design of existing ships.
The key for a successful conversion design is to work together closely in feasibility study/ concept stage by major parties including ship owner, conversion yard, class societies, and major equipment maker. Either ship owner or designer need to be the one to lead this important process.
FKAB has performed design of scrubber installation to the following companies:
- Yara Marine Technologies (Greentech) for Cruise ships
- Stena RoRo in their own ships
- ScandiNaos in a General Cargo Vessel
The purpose of the installations is to fulfill the new environmental rules regarding low Sulphur emissions from the exhaust gases of the main engines.
Our scope was:
- Survey of existing vessels
- Suggestion of solutions Conversion procedures
- Pipe system and equipment arrangements
- Installation drawings of some particular areas
- Technical assistance during conversion