The ships of tomorrow
Our approach to designing chemical tankers is based on our long term experience in ship design and many years of working with leading tanker operators.
Utkilen places orders for advanced Eco-design ice-class chemical tankers, with FKAB design.
Utkilen, has entered into newbuilding contracts with AVIC Dingheng Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. in China for up to four advanced 9,900 DWT. ice class chemical tankers with cargo tanks in duplex stainless steel.
The vessels will be built in accordance with FKAB Eco-design, and fitted with modern and fuel efficient dual fuel ready engines. Coming restriction regarding NOx reduction as well as gas ready are considered and implemented in the design.
FKAB will help you with Ballast Water Management Plan
- Delivering complete technical package, including drawings to yards
- Explain about IMO&USG requirements
- Assist when choosing BWT equipment
- Evaluating BWT system and its impact of existing ballast system
- Perform electrical balance plan
- Perform retrofit specification
- Provide documentation to Class and Authority
- 3D scanning and 3D modelling
T24 C1 16,300 DWT
- Lower fuel consumption and emissions with optimized design lines with warranty.
- Give solid advice on the makers list to maximize quality, advise what can be done to bring down the building cost.
- FKAB is making sure noise and vibrations are properly analyzed from independent specialists.
- We will be supportive when sitting down with shipyards discussing technical issues.
- Tank test to be done with trusted tank facilities with follow ups.
EEDI on FKAB Basic design projects
Diagram show Calculated EEDI/Required EEDI
Maximum cargo intake